At the CHA show seven years ago, in Chicago in 2010, our booth, Sweetbrier Studios, was close to Bead Unique's booth. As usual, during slow times folks would wander around to see who was there, who was new and maybe even who wasn't there.
One of the editors of Bead Unique dropped by and checked out our booth as we were new to the Chicago area. She commented on this necklace and earrings on display in our booth and asked if I had a tutorial for the set that they could publish in an upcoming issue on shapes. The circular shape of the pendant mixed with the organic dragonfly would fit right into the issue.
Polymer clay: •Small amounts of: Green, Brown, Pearl, and White and Approx. 1/2 block of translucent clay
•Recommended clay brands: Kato, Fimo Classic, Premo or Pardo.
•Neck Cord: 36" of Elements™ Hemp Jewelry Cord
• Beads: From Elements™ bone bead mix, (Optional: make your own bone beads if desired)
#1 Six 8mm ribbed oval beads
#2 Three 12 mm round beads with carved sides.
#3 Three 13 by 7 mm barrel beads with carved sides.
#4 Crafts Etc™ Czech Glass Beads Item No: CZ:901
Luminer Mix Seventeen - 4 by 3 mm gold frosted beads
• Jewelry supplies: Three silvertone or goldtone eye pins. Two silver, gold or hypoallergenic french ear wires.
26 gauge silvertone or goldtone wire: Approx. 4"
• Antique stain: either Burnt Umber Genesis Heat Set Oil Paints and thinner or Burnt Umber Acrylic paint and water.
• Varnish: Varathane Diamond Polyurethane Water Based Finish or Future Floor finish.
• Glue: Super Glue
• Additional Supplies: Basic Jewelry supplies, round nose pliers, wire cutters, 5/8" Kemper tool round cutter, brushes for stain and varnish, baking surface (we use a
smooth ceramic tile or index card), and needle tool.
Transparent Liquid Sculpey and a pasta machine dedicated to polymer clay use.
As soon as we got back to Oklahoma, I wrote this tutorial and it was published in Issue #15. Sadly this wonderful magazine has closed now and I'd like to share this tutorial with you.
There is no charge for this tutorial. When you check out you will receive a download link