Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel
Helpful Hints by Terri Sproul
These Best Flexible Urethane
Rubber polymer clay molds were made for UTEE (Ultra Thick
Embossing Enamel), the two make a great combination.
1. Melt UTEE in Melting Pot by Ranger™. The Melting Pot should be set at highest
setting. The pot has a UTEE setting. After pouring UTEE in Melting Pot put the lid
back on the Melting Pot and wait for all of your UTEE to melt.
2. Always mix (using Melting Pot tools) UTEE before pouring into mold. Make sure
all of the material is melted.
3. SAFETY FIRST: UTEE is VERY Hot. I place my molds onto a non-stick craft
sheet, then carefully pick up Melting Pot by it's handles. THE POT IS ALSO VERY
HOT. Slowly pour into mold; do not over fill the mold.
4. Let the mold sit for about 10 minutes. Make sure it is completely cool before you
demold. To test UTEE tap a fork lightly on top of mold piece.
5. When the UTEE is set up, turn the mold over to release the molded part.
One of the best things about UTEE is that if you are not happy with the piece,
put it back into Melting Pot to re-melt and remold.
* Clear UTEE will turn an amber color the longer it sits in the Melting Pot.
* If there is left over UTEE still in melting pot – I pour UTEE into as many
molds as I can fill (not just the ones I need for project).
* When UTEE is set up, I place any un-needed or imperfect molded pieces back into UTEE container to
use next time. Remember it can be melted over and over. NO waste.
* To adhere UTEE pieces together, I have found that Crafter’s Pick Memory Mounts
work great. Memory Mounts will adhere a molded piece to paper or molded pieces to each
other. It takes a few minutes to dry and will dry clear.
* After piece is set up you can add additional color by using rub-ons, inks,
Prime Elements, Etc..
Well, I hope you enjoy working with Best Flexible Urethane Rubber
Molds and UTEE as much as I do, these two work well together.
With the purchase of our polymer clay molds or tutorials,
you have permission to make one-of-a-kind pieces in any
quantity to sell at fairs, bazaars, craft shows, your own
Etsy, Ebay, Artfire, other online art or craft site, or
Please do not hire employees to make items from the molds or
mats and sell through
commercial accounts without permission.